Internal Medicine Jobs in California
Tuesday · April 24, 2018
1 Job in The Golden State
Photo: San Francisco cityscape view from the bridge.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Commerce) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Examines, diagnoses, and prescribes treatment for patients and reviews the care prescribed by staff physicians, resident physicians, and interns.
- Coordinates the work of the section with that of other medical and paramedical services.
- In this role, the ideal candidates will partner with a team of devoted physicians to oversee the provision of coordinated medical, behavioral health and substance abuse services to incarcerated individuals.
- Completion of a residency approved by an American Specialty Board in one or more designated specialties or equivalent training -AND- One year of experience in medical practice, post graduate training, teaching or investigative work.
- Performs administrative duties such as preparing budgets for the section, determining equipment and supply needs, addressing personnel-related issues, developing and revising work procedures for expediting workload or improving levels of service, and screening work.
- Confers with consultants regarding care of patients and medical and diagnostic work performed, and coordinates the work of consulting physicians with the work of the section.
- Formulates policies and plans and directs the programs and medical work of the section or assists in such activities for a division of a medical department.
- Substantial time off to complete CME.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Excellent retirement plan.
- Supervises the maintenance of records and the compilation and preparation of reports.
- Family Practice.
- Medical/Dental benefits.
- Malpractice insurance coverage.
- Our Senior Physicians provide quality patient centered care in various correctional facilities.
- Participates in the training of interns and resident physicians.
- A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- California State Physician and Surgeon's Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California.
- Essential Job Functions.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Commerce, CA.
- Competitive compensation plus bonus.
- The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services is committed to ensuring access to high-quality, patient-centered, cost effective health care to Los Angeles County residents through direct services at DHS facilities and through collaboration with community and university partners.
- We are currently seeking dedicated Senior Physicians to join our team.
- Generous student loan repayment programs.
- Internal Medicine - General/Endocrinology.
- Vacation and holiday pay.
This perm job opening was posted
4 weeks ago